Multiple opportunities available in Fairfield East, Chester Hill, Liverpool and Hoxton Park.
- Casual in Day Program and SIL
- Potential permanent opportunities for suitable Transport drivers
The position is responsible for the delivery of high quality, person-centred services to people with disability, both in Day Program and residing within Supported Independent Living. In the role, you will be working day-to-day with clients supporting them to achieve their NDIS goals. You will support the client, by following client support plans that are designed to reflect NDIS plans aimed at maximizing positive outcomes. You will be required to work according to a 24/7 roster which may include morning, afternoon, evening, overnight and weekend shifts.
- Individual Support – including personal care (showering, bathing, toileting and maintaining hygiene), administering medication, management of behaviours of concern (including implementation of behaviour support plans and recording of incidents), implementation of other allied health plans.
- Domestic Assistance - Providing support to the participant in domestic duties including cooking, cleaning, helping to perform laundry, and prepare meals.
- Transport – provision of daily transport to and from the home to activities, day programs, medical appointments, and recreational outings. You may be required to use your own vehicle at times, if the company car is not available.
- Individual and Team Responsibility – Working in a positive and constructive manner with all staff in the delivery of best practice client centric services.
- Communication – Use your excellent verbal communication skills to provide clear feedback to staff, families and clients and utilise technology to record clear progress & communication notes as per relevant policies, procedures and work instructions.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA – for full essential criteria please see Position Description
- Minimum Cert III in Individual Support, or equivalent
- Experience of supporting people with intellectual and physical disabilities.
- Preferred experience in supporting clients within an accommodation setting and managing behaviours of concern.
- Willingness and capacity to perform domestic assistance duties & personal care duties.
- Ability to work independently without guidance or supervision
- Strong written communication skills and proficiency with technology e.g. Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint and Word
- Current NDIS Worker Check, driver’s license and current First Aid Certificate with CPR
- Own vehicle with up to date registration and comprehensive insurance
- Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 via immunisation record
HOW TO APPLY
Please click apply to forward your CV and letter of application addressing the essential criteria 1 to 6 listed above ASAP. Applications will be processed in the order they are received. Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted. Applications which do not include a letter of application as specified above will not be progressed.