Woodville Alliance (WA) is a medium sized, community-based agency with major programs in disability, mental health, family and youth support, community development and early childhood education and care. We are committed to developing a more holistic range of new service types focusing on our strengths and expertise in culturally diverse and disadvantaged communities in Western Sydney.
WA has adopted innovation and social entrepreneurship as a framework for developing new services and expanding into new communities. We consider that a social business model can generate profits which will be reinvested in our local communities. The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for expanding business opportunities to drive growth. The BDM will achieve these goals by developing and executing ethical business expansion via existing funding relationships and identifying and securing opportunities with potential new partners.
The Business Development Manager will be an integral member of the WA senior leader team and will be responsible for achieving the following:
- Develop and execute a business development growth strategy with a strong focus on: innovation, entrepreneurship, budget and customer satisfaction which aligns with the mission, vision and values.
- Identify and implement business opportunities to generate new sources of income. Ensure that internal capability requirements are met.
- Generate positive community awareness of the organization.
- Build partnerships and strategic alliances that will extend the organization’s brand in the community.
- Research and respond to the needs of the organization including keeping up to date with industry developments and changes.
- In partnership with the relevant SLT member and CEO, manage the budget of each new business development initiative.
- Monitor, coach and support key WA staff to build organisational capacity and to develop skills and experience.
The successful candidate for the role will have the following experience and education coupled with a strong personal commitment - to fairness and empowerment and a passion for the creation of business development;
- Degree in Business Development or a related area of study
- Experience in developing new business initiatives in the community sector which increases organisational sustainability and revenues in line with strategic directions.
- Demonstrated superior skills in mediation and negotiation, collaboration and consultation with key stakeholders.
- Leadership and partnership experience in the sector
HOW TO APPLY
Please click apply to forward your CV and letter of application addressing the essential criteria 1 to 4 listed above. Address application to Veronique Besnard - GM HR. Phone 02 9722 5200 for any inquiries. Please note applications will not be progressed if they do not address the specified essential criteria. Only Australian residents will be shortlisted. Previous applicants need not apply. To view the position description, follow this link: https://rec.myrecruitmentplus.com/smejobsearch/jsponly/downloadFile.jsp?attId=54603
Woodville Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and our work has always been underpinned by a strong commitment to social justice. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.